Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Fates-Furia,LP,1985,UK

This absolut gem was posted a while back in Bimble's Windy Weather blog,but now it seems link is dead.After asking him he gave me the permission to repost it here.This is a record ,almost unknown to many people, is the result of Una Baines (of Blue Orchids/Fall fame) collaboration with 2 other women. Musically it is dark ,sometimes ritualistic , folk with much electronic sounds though and much improvisational parts. In my opinion this is a masterpiece. Most songs remind me a more acoustic sounding Blue Orchids ( reminding much their songs Sun Connection and Bad Education to me). Rumours want it this album to blend the growing ,these days, early wicca philosophy. Anyway, the result is like runing through Britain's green mountains with druids and elves accompanying oneself. I love this record!

get it here

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This classic album also features Martin Bramah on guitar and percusion - I believe Martin and Una parted company two thirds of the way though the recording - hence he is not credited.

Anonymous said...

Except Martin Bramah is credited, on the back sleeve. I've got three copies! Also, it's a collaboration of about 7 women, not three . . . several of whom had connections to the Blue Orchids, and one of whom who still works with Martin Bramah (that'd be Charlotte Bill.) And yeah, it's a lot about pre-Christian practices of the British Isles (call it Wicca if you will), but Una and gang would refer to that belief as fairly ancient in practice.

Anonymous said...

files down cos of illegal content!....so says not so rapid share

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the link is dead. Maybe someone complained.

k said...

post another link?

Anonymous said...

Around the time I recently purchased a copy of Furia I had a converstation regarding the Fall and my friend said Una's life was over after the Fall. I laughed and said to him this was wrong and he needed to hear The Fates lp as it is brilliant, a truly great album. The first side is good folk and the reverse side is experimental and bizzare. Am playing it now, a true gem of a record.