Saturday, March 1, 2008

VAS DEFERENS ORGANIZATION-ZYZZYBALOUBAH, 2xLP, 1997, USA





As further VDO material was requested following my post of our collaborations with Brad Laner, here's the first of the two specific titles that were asked for (our Tone Float side project will follow soon). Rather than attempt to review my own material, I'll just point out that Zyzzybaloubah represents a distinctly different dimension of our work than do our two collaborations with Brad. Buttressed at the time by both the Wakeman-worthy analogue synth arsenal of Yeti/Ohm keyboard genius Doug Ferguson (R.I.P.) and the high flying acid guitar maneuvers of Jim Edgerton, Zyzzybaloubah is VDO at our most explicitly and unapologetically kosmiche; the spirit of groups like Lard Free, Heldon, Spacecraft and Brainticket looming particularly large over our mental universe around this time. Bon Voyage!


Get it Here

Anyone interested in exploring this side of VDO's work further can find our previous LP "Saturation" Here

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. You have made my week! I look forward to the Tone Float material. What should we expect from the old Tone Float material? Krautrock? Lo-Fi electronics? Prog Rock? I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Truly mutant stuff ... and I mean that in the best possible way.

Thanks.

Dave

Anonymous said...

WOW. Mother of mercy!! That is the MOTHERLOAD OF ALL I COULD WANT IN A RECORD! THANKS. CAN YOU POST MORE LIKE THIS ONE??????????

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

great stuff!!!

Anonymous said...

my favorite full length VDO release!! this and "tilt?" absolutely RULE. I'm SO glad I have originals of almost all your stuff, and I still eagerly anticipate your long awaited upcoming release(s). BTW, it's almost June 08, maybe the VDO website could use a little update? yer pal doc kwan

palfoot said...

just listened to it, uber-stuff, along with some mindfuck ones you've posted recently .
as for tone float i couldnt be more cheerful.

Electric Voodoo said...

Thanks very much for the compliments.

Matt

Anonymous said...

request:

OHM lp and all doug ferguson related material except YETI.
thanx

vdoandsound said...

hlava-I'm attempting to contact the surviving two members of Ohm (Chris Forrest also died about 3 or 4 years back...what an unlucky group!) to get their blessing first. Doug's Frankie Teardrop single will be coming up shortly in a future installment of my Alphabetical Uploads Of Whacked Out Singles posts. Stay tuned and thanks for the interest...

Exeter said...

WoW!
Just ran across this post while listening to "mt020_vas_deferens_organization_betalactamring" from one of BLRR's samplers. Very cool indeed. Thanks!

thanon said...

mgwin88 ฟรีเครดิต 50 ไม่ต้องฝาก