Friday, February 1, 2008

Vas Deferens Organization & Brad Laner-Transcontinental Conspiracy/Electric Company& Vas Deferens Organization-More Pelvis Wick For The Baloney Boners










Well...'til now I've held fast to the notion that I wouldn't be using Mutant Sounds as a self-promotional tool, but as there's been a tremendous amount of interest in my postings of the work of Brad Laner (Steaming Coils, Savage Republic, Medicine, Electric Company), I thought it only fair to share the two albums that my band Vas Deferens Organization recorded with him. As a lifelong devotee of Steaming Coils, having the chance to collaborate with Brad was a dream come true for my bandmate Matt and myself and one of the creative highlights of my life so far, especially so in the case of "More Pelvis Wick...", which unlike it's predecessor was recorded together in the same room. I'll refrain from reviewing my own work here, which I think would be a mite tacky. Instead, I'll merely state that I presume that all visitors to Mutant Sounds have a good idea of my sensibility by now (as well as Brad's via the umpteen posts of his work here) and it's a sensibility that extends through to my musical work as well. So too, any Mercury Rev fans out there might be interested to know that both Grasshopper and Suzanne Thorpe appear on Transcontinental Conspiracy. Hope you all enjoy 'em...


NOTE: BLOGGER'S LIMITATIONS ON HOW MANY LETTERS CAN BE USED FOR A TITLE HEADING MEANT LEAVING OFF THE DATES FOR THESE ABOVE. TRANSCONTINENTAL IS FROM 1996, MORE PELVIS WICK FROM 1999.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: TRANSCONTINENTAL CONSPIRACY IS SOON DUE FOR REISSUE (DETAILS FORTHCOMING IN A BLOG POST DUE SOON), SO THE LINKS FOR THIS HAVE BEEN REMOVED.

Get More Pelvis Wick For The Baloney Boners Here

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erik, thanks very much for this. Transcontinental Conspiracy is one of the greatest pieces of music I have heard on Mutant Sounds (or anywhere for that matter) Can't wait to listen to More Pelvis Wick For The Baloney Boners. Have to get some rest after that one! WOW.
STEve

Anonymous said...

I can't downloading anything you posted today. It keeps redirecting to the main massmirror page.

vdoandsound said...

anonymous-when it redirects you to that other page (which is an ad), click the "skip this ad" button in the top right corner and it'll take you back to the link page. I hate that massmirror is now ad supported as much as anyone, but I still like to use them to allow Mutant Sounds fans to have options about their downloads...

Anonymous said...

Spectacular!! I can see many of your influences on this recording. Simply Astounding.

Thanks, Will you Post more VDO????

PLEEEEEEEEESE

vdoandsound said...

Steve and anonymous-thanks to both of you for the super kind words. More VDO, eh? It feels pretty self aggrandizing to repeatedly post my own work here, but I guess if there's a call for it....

Anonymous said...

Quite briefly, I would like to thank you for the work you are doing. You have totally made my day countless times, and gratitude is due. It comes as no suprise that you are responsible for Vas Deferens Organisation; I actually recall, as a callow youth, eavesdropping on a conversation between someone who might have been you (or someone involved w/ VDO) and the guy from RPM Records, which led, I believe, to me buying my first NWW record. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

thanks for these collaborations and also the steaming coils stuff from last year. It's good to hear the more obscure sounds of mr. laner. Not sure if you take requests but my main laner want right now is the untitled double7" that medicine put out around 94-95 with the tracks becky, hull, off the vine, and heads. Can't find this one anywhere.

vdoandsound said...

warren-that one'll be making an appearance eventually as part of my series of alphabetical uploads of whacked out singles posts, though as I'm only currently mid-way through the letter E, it might take a little while...

Anonymous said...

Thanks you Eric. I have 2 requst.Please post Zyzzybaluoba and the record called tone Float. Why you have not put these up? Ar you getting monies now ?Thanks very much.

vdoandsound said...

Anonymous-Thanks for your interest. Zyzzybaloubah and our Tone Float one-off project were two out of four albums of ours that I was considering posting, since there's been some demand for further VDO. Guess these two will be the ones though, given that they've been requested. Look for 'em soon...

Anonymous said...

Thank you from the cosmic depths of my rumpled heart!!!

Quinn said...

This blog is absolutely magnificent! Great sounds here!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it's impossible to get the first part of Transcontinental Conspiracy. Can't wait to listen to it!

thanon said...

MEGAWIN

moviefree4k said...

หนัง hd moviefree4k เว็บดูหนังออนไลน์ พากย์ไทย ดูหนัง ได้ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง ไม่มีโฆษณา รวม หนังออนไลน์ ซับไทย ไว้มากกว่า 1000 เรื่อง ไม่ว่าจะเป็น หนังใหม่ หนังเก่า หนังใหม่2018เต็มเรื่อง หนังใหม่2019เต็มเรื่อง จัดหมวดหมู่ ต่างๆ ให้คุณเลือกรับชมโดยง่าย เช่น หนังผี หนังตลก หนังฝรั่ง หนังไทยใหม่ หนังสยองขวัญ หนังแอคชั่น หนังการ์ตูน มาให้คุณ ดูหนังฟรี หนังซับไทย ภาพคมชัด ไม่กระตุก