This is my first upload, so it had to be something special. I hope you will enjoy it.
This, ultra rare cassette only compilation, came out on February of 1985, in the city of Ioannina, from a really obscure independent company, titled BARKA (means boat in greek) Tapes and was their 8th cassette release. It covers the independent music scene of the city of Ioannina from those days. The title "0651" reflects the area code used for selecting the city of Ioannina for communicating through the telephone lines.
The participating 5 groups and artists cover a wide range of musical tastes. Not only dark and experimental sounds, but also punk, garage and electronic pop styles may be found in here. Most of the lyrics are in Greek language.
Here is the tracklisting:
01. EPIPTOSEIS - To telos
02. EPIPTOSEIS - Prin to telos
03. KEFALAIO 24 - Sti siragga
04. KEFALAIO 24 - Mia maza
05. KEFALAIO 24 - H mystiriodis eksafanisi tou Ermi
06. FYSIOLATRIKOS SYLLOGOS - Perimenontas to Niko Foskolo
07. METALAKTIKOI EPIKINDYNOI - Zontani proboli
08. AST(R)IKI GLOSSA - Horis kammia thisia
09. AST(R)IKI GLOSSA - A Penny's love affair
10. FYSIOLATRIKOS SYLLOGOS - 10 lepta piano Pt. 1
11. FYSIOLATRIKOS SYLLOGOS - 10 lepta piano Pt. 2
12. FYSIOLATRIKOS SYLLOGOS - 10 lepta piano Pt. 3
This tape covers only a part of the independent musical scene of Ioannina of that era. The importance of this compilation is based on it's ability to move, breathe and operate in really contemporary and neweras of music, a target that was (and still is) not so easy achieved, whenever we have to talk for creation made in a small rural area, far away from the capital of Greece. Two of the groups, METALAKTIKOI EPIKINDYNOI and KEFALAIO 24 (Chapter 24 in english) have also publish other works in the future.
***************NEW LINK POSTED SEPTEMBER 2012***************
Get it here
Wednesday, March 26, 2008