Wednesday, July 1, 2009

MARBLE SHEEP & THE RUN-DOWN SUN'S CHILDREN-BIG DEAL, CD, 1992, JAPAN





Following my posts of three albums worth of this Japanese psychedelic unit's face melting early style (in the PSF-approved noise psych mode), here's a broadcast from the era that saw them swerving 180 degrees into some sort of lazily pastoral/post-Grateful Dead/quasi Caribbean/happy groove psych modality that immediately polarized their fanbase, with the utterly absurd (if charming) easy listening summer evening sashays of "Melted Moon" and "Fish" in particular seemingly guaranteed to constrict the sphincters of Japannoise devotees worldwide. Me? I think it's stellar, if a world away from their bloodletting early era and deserves consideration for a whole other set of reasons. Come to your own conclusions...

Get it via Megaupload Here

Get it via Rapidshare Here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this in what is called "The Dollar Bin", I think it was actually 50 cents or something absurd. I adored it. Great record. Been years since I have even heard it or seen that cover. I can relate to the sentiments about it you expressed. This is something of a fond memory to see mentioned.

Troy said...

Delightful record!
Thanks for posting it.