Sunday, April 25, 2010

MODRY EFEKT & RADIM HLADIK-S/T, LP, 1974, CZECHOSLOVAKIA, NWW LIST



Recorded the year after their extraordinary Nova Synteza 2 LP together with the Czechoslovak Radio Jazz Orchestra which I posted a few years back, this is an even more toe-curling venture; the first of four albums that establish Modry Efekt (aka Blue Effect) in their peak mode, a superhuman synthesis of The Yes Album, mid 70's Floyd and the ecstatic hard rockin' acid prog of early Nektar and Hungary's Omega circa Time Robber. Sourced from a long out of print reissue, this also includes two bonus cuts from the same period with more of a crunchy hard rock edge.

Get it via Rapidshare here

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this album. To say wonderful is nothing. Like the other works of this band.

DanP said...

I love this! Thanks.

Have found a distributor who stocks the CD of this, Doug Larson Imports in New Jersey. Ships internationally I believe. Have bought from him before. Hope it's ok to link him here.

http://www.hicom.net/~dlarson/eastern%20europe.htm

Anonymous said...

This one is beautiful!

Oozlum said...

Blue Effect means a state of bliss after receiving "blue book" (inability to get recruitmented)..

Anonymous said...

Dear Friend,
Hi!

This is one of the best music I've ever heard. I already listened to (1969) Meditace & (1977) Svitanie. But I enjoyed (1974) Modrý Efekt & Radim Hladík a lot...Thanks.

It's been a while since I checked your amazing blog. I'm glad that your blog is still active.

I'm a serious Japanese Mini-LP collector. Your web-log really helps getting to know rare & unknown music. I'm not that much into Experimental music. But I enjoy exploring different music...and there are many masterpieces here to enjoy.

I may not be able to buy lots of them in my short lifetime but I do appreciate You letting us listen to them.

Wish You The Best...

Best Regards,
Behnam
Iran

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for this one and a lot of other one - THANK YOU

Meryll
http://www.myspace.com/meryllhardt

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this album as I do many of your posts. I really admire mutant sounds for the music it passes on. Thanks!