Saturday, June 12, 2010

CHAMBERPOT-S/T, LP, 1976, UK, NWW LIST



A huge thanks to MS fan Vinylust for providing this exceedingly hard to find Nurse With Wound list item, one of the precious few I'd managed to miss hearing so far and surely a blank waiting to be filled for many who've had this name bouncing around in their brain for years for the same reason. This short lived woodwinds and strings improv ensemble was led by Phil Wachsmann, a free playing violinist with a vast discography and a one time member of both Derek Bailey's Iskra 1903 and Keith Tippett's Ark. This stuff roams around in the more scritchy-scratchy end of improv exploration than the spontaneous music I usually tend to promote here (the sorta squeek-squeek-squeek-POP direction that Amy Denio once tagged chiropractic improv), but there's no denying that this is still quite nicely accomplished work.

Get it via Rapidshare here

12 comments:

fuzztunnel said...

W O W ... many years' of curiosity...

honestly, there's something kinda relaxing about this particular iteration of the ol' scrabble-'n'-scrape...

tonkatsu said...

Wow! I never thought I would hear this! Thanks so much!!

Anonymous said...

got goosebumps

ushaped said...

unbelievable! never thought i'd hear this! thanks vinylust and of course the amazing MS!

Unknown said...

As far as I know this record is still available from the label:

http://www.beadrecordssp.com/beadrecordingsLPs.html

vdoandsound said...

Guy-these are actually rare original copies that he's offering. I've just contacted him to see if he'd like the link for this removed or if he'd prefer to leave it up and have me link to where it can be purchased, which has worked well for others with rare originals in the past. I await his call on the matter...

Anonymous said...

Holy sh*t! I'm obsessed with the list for twenty years now and have narrowed it down to only 3 unheard items. thanks to you now it's down to 2... (unfortunately it'd probably be disappointing musically - I hope I'm wrong)...

link rae said...

many thanks not only for this unexpected addition but also for your dedication in general !

Anonymous said...

this is amazing! i saw this one once on ebay but someone quickly swallowed it up before i could grab it. made me very sad ):
i, like everyone else here, have been wanting to here this for a long time, so i practically had a heart attack when i checked the site and saw it here.
THANK YOU! i am about to gobble this up with my ears.
--thunderperfectmind

Anonymous said...

I knew it yet but boy this is a great present for all readers!
now's the time for NEXT by COHELMEC ENSEMBLE or JEF GILSON's Massacre du printemps :-D

poseuRRome

GRK. said...

Hooray! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

No. Fucking. Way.

I've been scouring the Earth for this for years. Emailing the record label, radio stations that had played it before, people who'd reviewed it, Ebay, etc. FINALLY, I can have a listen. Thanks.