Friday, June 20, 2008

XIRROR DISASTER ***PLEASE READ***

Xirror, the file spreading service that I've been using for the past several months (and which I'd periodically used before) has just removed ALL links, after apparently being persecuted by the German police. I'd switched to Xirror after Massmirror became overwhelmingly problematic to use. Now, I'm looking at having to re-up potentially hundreds of posts of mine, not to speak of having to fish through all my previous posts to find out which earlier ones I'd used Xirror for as well. It appears that Massmirror is back to being functional (albeit minus giving users the choice of using Rapidshare), so I'll revert to using their service.

Needless to say, this is obviously a major setback for me. I'd ask one and all to please be patient as I undertake the huge task of systematically re-upping these and understand that I'll have to hold off on putting up any new posts until I can resolve this nightmare. I'll try to do so as quickly as possible and will keep you all abreast of developments...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to comment to say that I recently heard both Grow Up and Suburban Lawns for the first time because of you-- both delicious, and much appreciated. Thanks for all the time you put into the blog.

Anonymous said...

What a bummer... GEMA has just struck a major deal with SONY and I think we'll see more activities along those lines from them.. the German RIAA...

Fishing out what posts you've used xirror for is pretty easy, in admin section of blogger go to "posts" and in the search there enter xirror.com, that will return you all the posts with xirror.

Good luck.

=M=

Anonymous said...

That is *terrible*. Sorry to hear it, and thank you for all the trouble you guys go to for this blog.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sucks major time. O_o
Have you tried using shareonall? They allow rapidshare and zshare among many others.

Best of luck and keep the good work!

Anonymous said...

No worries. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Damn!, I really appreciate your work & my support to your ideas, the only thing I must say is: Fuck german police... fuck Angela Merkel and why not?, Fuck you Bush 1000 times.
Thanks again vdoandsound.
-AM.

ommyth said...

Take as much time as needed; Hell, take extra time! You've more than earned it.

Sincere thanks for everything,

TS

W. said...

Well look after yourself, don't over do it; I love having Mutant Soundsto peruse.

Unknown said...

ahh... this is sad news, it is so generous of you to repost so much work.
I was wondering, to help get the task done quicker, and for less work for you, perhaps you can make a list of all the posts that are now missing. And those of us who have a rapidshare or other account can reupload it for you and give the link. I say those who have an account to ensure that the links don't expire.

just a nice way to contribute a little back!

Anonymous said...

the same problem over here, shit, xirror.com was such a nice file spreading engine. I also have to reup now a lot of stuff, sucks

Anonymous said...

Xirror has now removed "cached" links too, so that's not a solution for you anymore.