Issued by avant proggers The Muffins on their own house imprint, this little gem higlights the intersections of a certain post-Canterbury/post-R.I.O./pre-Cuneiform sector of he American avant prog continuum as it collides with those responsible for influencing 'em, with brilliant Canterbury and R.I.O. jams being kicked out by Logproof, Illegal Aliens and The Muffins, bombastically surging electronic environments being unleashed by Mars Everywhere, druggy improv sprawl from Catch-A-Buzz Studios and two brief bursts of R.I.O.-esque whimsy from Cuneiform Records' Steve Feigenbaum (the first and last time he's on record, I believe) representing the American contributions and extended solo improv essays from both legendary alto saxist Lol Coxhill and avant prog all-star Fred Frith, who offers up four gorgeous fragments of intricate tabletop guitar dissections in the same mode as those heard on his Guitar Solos LP outings.
1. Logproof-Monster Comes To The City
2. Lol Coxhill-RR1 and RR2
3. Steve Feigenbaum-Borrowed Inspiration
4. Catch-A-Buzz Studios-Cream O' Wheat
5. Mars Everywhere-Attack Of The Giant Squid!
6. Steve Feigenbaum-Enharmonic Toads
7. Fred Frith-Lively Hills
8. Fred Frith-Ragged Rag
9. Fred Frith-Sorrow Music
10. Fred Frith-Sell-Out Music
11. Illegal Aliens-A Mutant Underglass
12. The Muffins-Peacocks, Leopards and Glass
Get it via Megaupload Here
Get it via Rapidshare Here