Sunday, October 28, 2007

NINE DAYS WONDER-WE NEVER LOST CONTROL, LP, 1973, GERMANY, NWW LIST




My opinion isn't in the majority on this one but for my money, the way this second album by these Krautrock maven's fuses trashy Bowie-like acid glam to the post-Zappa kraut fusion explored on their highly touted debut really kills in a way their first communique kinda fails to for me. There's more than a little Amon Duul II vibes at play here too; their song structures and (especially) the peculiar manner in which verbiage spills off of Walter Seyffer's tongue being very Chris Karrer-like at times. Under-rated in the extreme, this is one krautrock gem that warrants immediate re-discovery.

***************NEW LINK POSTED OCTOBER 2012***************

Get it here  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I played this album TO DEATH in the 70s then it left my collection. It is one departure I've regretted. Until now. Thank you for reuniting me with a lost (vinyl) love.

Tom said...

Well done, Eric. Superb...

Best,

TS

redrichie said...

Kinda dug it. Not sure that it'd rank in my favourite Krautrock albums. But thanks for bringing it to my attention!

At least this meant I could make a judgement!

Keep up the good work.

Richard