Saturday, February 3, 2007

V/A:A Splash of Colour, LP, 1981, UK

Excellent UK compilation with neo-psychedelic groups!Contains debout appearance of Mood Six along with tracks from The Times,Baraccudas, High Tide,eyc. Very reccomended!
Tracklist:
1. Just Like A Dream - Mood Six
2. I Helped Patrick McGoohan Escape - The Times
3. Something's Happening Here - Miles Over Matter
4. Park My Car - Miles Over Matter
5. Love Letters - The Silence
6. Plastic Flowers - Mood Six
7. Dancing In My Mind - The High Tide
8. Keep Your Voice Down - The Earwigs
9. Mortal Dreams - The Doctor
10. Watching The World Go By - The Barracudas
11. The Long Weekend - The Marble Staircase
12. Electric Blue - The High Tide

5 comments:

musicgnome said...

Not sure if you or anyone would be interested, but I've posted a series of (neo-psych, garage rock revival, et al) mixes in tribute to a friend on http://www.artofthemix.org/index.asp (my Username is Musicgnome, not so surprisingly).

And links to those mixes are available via his blog, http://tripinsidethishouse.blogspot.com/

Anyhoo, this is (by far) the most familiar I've been of most of the music you've posted thus far.

Much thanks, as always!!!

Anonymous said...

I never thought that I would find this...thanks!

Blog Kihn said...

Hi mutantsounds:
This comes from a rip of mine did in the year 2003 when I was beginning to rip (very bad) and probably downloaded via SoulSeek.
I know it because I had an error renaming the 6th track of the A-Side.
Last year I did a new rip of it at better quality and sound(with complete artworks).
You can find it at my blog:
http://digivinyltal.blogspot.com/
Greetings.

Unknown said...

TY, never thought I would find a copy of Dancing In My Mind - The High Tide again :)

Unknown said...

TY, never thought I would find a copy of Dancing In My Mind - The High Tide again :)