Wednesday, February 28, 2007

AMOS AND SARA-AMOS AND SARA SING: THE PRIVATE WORLD OF AMOS, TAPE, 1981 + AMOS AND SARA-SARA GOES POP, 2x7", 1982, UK























This stuff's emerging from the poppier end of Whelton's sensibility and it's probably the best of this batch o' homos arcana for moi. Sara Goes Pop jacks into the same cranial node I associate with the sunny shambolic art pop of The Slits, Ludus or the first Raincoats album and if thats not recommendation enough, I don't know what is.

Get It Here

5 comments:

FryingFish said...

Thanks. I have been wanting to listen to Amos and Sara goes pop since you put up the Just Measurers album.

FryingFish said...

Also wanted to say I am really liking mediafire. I am glad you switched.

J.G.W. said...

For the past two years or so I've been unable to turn off the Homosexuals since I first learned of them, but I had no idea what they got up to afterward. Thanks very much for these post-Homos posts - the stuff is brilliant. "Sara Goes Pop" anticipates and then kneecaps basically all of K Records' early roster. Cheers, pal.

Anonymous said...

i think of what ive heard from this blog so far i appreciate this the most. these albums are so great!! i love this even more than the homosexuals, thanks so much for the post.

Unknown said...

Do you have anything by Gus Coma(aka some homosexuals)?
Apparently that is where NWW ripped their sound.