Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Size-st,CD,1991(rec.1980-83),Mexico





This is the self-titled album from Size, a mexican new-wave band that had the particularity of having two members ofRIO band Decibel (Carlos Robledo and Walter Schmidt). This recording (as stated by the booklet) are from 1980-1983, andas far as I know, weren't released properly on it's time. This compilation is from 1991, from the Rock and Roll Circus Label (now defunct I think) which was the label from late 70's club Hip70 in Mexico City.
The music varies from synth-fueled punk songs (tracks 1-7) thru synth pop (tracks 8 -11) and experimental tracks (12 -13).
Size were:Illy Joker (Jaime Keller) - VocalsChaly (Carlos Robledo) - Guitar, keyboards, backing vocalsDean - Drums, percussion, backing vocalsWalter (Schmidt) - Bass, synths.
Thanks Tobias for this!Magnificent stuff!
get it here




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some really amazing posts today!
Finally listened to Dharma Quintet and have to say it reminds me why I've been somewhat obsessed with the NWW list. The ballsiest jazz-rock set I've heard this side of the first One Shot disc.

Thought I'd take this opportunity to endorse the use of Sharebee. There's so much I want to download from this site, it makes life a heckuva lot easier.

Dave

Anonymous said...

10+++

Unknown said...

OMG.... THANKS!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful album. All I'm gonna say.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm trying to get the download, but it's broken :( Any idea where I can get a link?

Thanks!

-A