Monday, April 23, 2007

THE HAPPINESS BOYS-RESIDENT ALIEN 12" EP, 1983, USA




Hot shit super intense thundering, juddering electronic music that gets labeled minimal synth, even though it's synths are about as maximal and in-your-face as is imaginable (something it shares with the likes of The Passage or Gary Allen). Lots of pounding live drums mixed with the electronic beats that push things along in an almost Liquid Liquid-like fashion at time. So good. Note: A pressing defect causes a loud whoosh sound for the first ten or so rotations of side A.

Get it Here

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah man, this is really awesome! Definitely some super hot shit! Definitely in your face. They sound like D.A.F on speed or Y.M.O without the pop. And yes, then there is this great bit of street feeling that you get in the recording which also gives them a bit of street style.

The cover art is great. Two very serious dudes with good ideas made this. And it's really cool that they were based in Miami for this.

I wish I know more about them.

thanks vdoandsound!!

Murdock

Mars said...

Couldn't agree more! This record is INCREDIBLE. It sounds like the soundtrack to Miami Vice done by Throbbing Gristle.

Anonymous said...

Okay, you've mentioned The Passage a few times. Can you post some? Please?

Idioblast said...

Man oh Man. Do I love this record. Listened to it dozens of times. I would give my left d ick to have a copy of the Meat Parade 12". If anyone has it lying around, please could you post it for your boy? I will send you so much in way of good vibes, you'll be vibed out for days.

Boniato said...

I'm glad that you like the sounds. My dad, Edward Bobb, has continued to be a force in sound art- feel free to email me for a listing of whatever we have on offer for now.

litlgrey said...

I loved this so much... and I haven't heard it in years. And! I haven't heard from Nester since he moved out of Chelsea.
My original copy of this was liberated from the library of college radio station WQMC, where were it not for me, it would have never been played.

Anonymous said...

Would love so much if someone could provide a link for this one!!

Anonymous said...

RE-UP ASAP