Friday, July 18, 2008

ALL EXISTING MASMIRROR LINKS ARE BEING REPLACED BY RAPIDSHARE LINKS

Today was the straw that broke the camel's back. You may have noticed that virtually all the Massmirror links on MS are coming up as "file not found". Whether this is another temporary snafu, or the actual end of those links, my patience with Massmirror has come to an end. Starting in a moment, I'm beginning the arduous process of inserting all the rapidshare links I've saved from within the Massmirror posts before they went down again in place of the original Massmirror links. I'll let all of you know when the process is complete....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in my top 3 blogs. The one and only of your tastes. Thank you much for the content stream and effort of maintaining it so well. I have encounter treasures here I could have never dreamed of!

~ dvs

Unknown said...

as i said almost when this was brought up about a year and half ago, massmirror and that ilk is a waste. sorry to have been right.

rapidshare is solid and has been for a long while. folks poo-poo on it, but it's reliable and makes it is easy on the folks who run these blogs.

it cost very little for what you actually have access to. plus, it's reliability for the posters and those snagging. so now bitch and moan, but i think this is a great move.

Anonymous said...

please replace or add RS links for old posts too

Anonymous said...

I love you Eric, but you are certifiably insane. Please, please focus on the future of this blog.

vdoandsound said...

anonymous #2-Sheesh, man...cut me some slack! I deliberately put up a new round of posts BEFORE attending to the *vital task* (whether you believe it to be or not) of repairing the old posts so as to avert these sorta comments. Fixing this stuff is in no way compromising my ability to get new stuff posted. The only thing it's doing is forcing me to re-double my efforts here at the expense of...ya know...actually having A LIFE....