Thursday, January 10, 2008

TANGO LUGER-S/T, LP, 1981, FRANCE





Released on Invisible/Scopa Records (one of the cornerstone labels of French post punk experimentation, whose releases include gold standard titles by Ilitch, Philippe Doray, Lucas Trouble and Incontinents) this is anxious and moody post punk with distinct debts to the down-in-the-mouth wing of the contemporaneous UK scene. The stark and barbed sonics here frequently get lacquered with a patina of syrupy synth weirdity, though not to the avant nth degree of the aforementioned artists, Tango Luger's musical universe hewing to a more distinctly rock-ist template than was the norm for most of the Invisible/Scopa output. That's no slight though. This is sharp and canny work and deserves an ear.

***************NEW LINK POSTED OCTOBER 2012***************

Get it here 

7 comments:

TymexPyres said...

I really liked this music.Though, I wish it was a longer Lp. I like the 'current' some post-punk travelled on in the early 80's.Mechanik kommando,P.I.L,Ausgang, all great. If you have any of Tango's peers from the Invisible/Scopa label you mentioned, put them on up. I will guaranteed be one counted gratefull.Thnx, as always, mutant sounds.Stay analog....

Tymex-Pyres

TymexPyres said...

Sometimes all you must do is look. I found that yoy had already posted other artist by scopa/invisible label. I guess I should looked before I asked. I really liked the music of Lucas Trouble. I guess a little bit of the 70's leftover trippiness spilled over into some punk exploitations. I have also a completely unrelated question too.That is, did Transparent Illusions ever make another album? If so where can you find it?
THnx

moi said...

Their seven "Meurtre a Casablanca" (F.L.V.M., 1980) was amazing, really mad music, much better than this i think. I own it from the issue but i never managed to get my hand on this LP, thanks a lot for this !

Norberto said...

Track 4 from Tango Luger seems broken when I try to extract it. Anyone with the same problem?

Anonymous said...

Lets hear the other album if someone has. This 'Meurtre a Casablanca'. I wish to hear.

Anonymous said...

"Their seven (inch) "Meurtre a Casablanca" (F.L.V.M., 1980) was amazing, really mad music, much better than this i think."

found the single here:

http://isksp.blogspot.com/2008/08/tango-lger-1980-meurtre.html

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DO7XW2N0

Anonymous said...

2 pochettes pour ce lp:
-celle qui figure ici conforme à la "serie noire"(noir+jaune)
-celle des exemplaires promo identique à la "serie bleme" (noir+gris)