Friday, March 30, 2007

H.N.A.S.-LIVE IN HUSUM 24.05.1986, CDR, ????, GERMANY





Wonderfully damaged and as brilliantly "off" sounding as their best studio work, this 1986 live recording was released in an edition of, I believe, 7 copies (I seem to recall Flaam hawking one on ebay for $100+). As such, it's hardly even known to exist. Certainly it's not included in the brainwashed.com discography for them and yet...here it is. Or rather, here's the music with a copy of the cover image since I wasn't among the lucky 7. In a live setting here, they weave unseemly seams of lopsided electro-pop into Damenbart-ish cod kosmiche excursions amid much distended atmospheric wooze in the grand HNAS style, though I'm not sure if anyone would have anticipated the intimate scat jazz combo they morph into toward the end of this gig!

NEW LINK!

Get it Here

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks again for the great HNAS works!

On another topic: I just talked to someone who sold Sperm - Shhh! for $500. Glad I could get mine here!

Unknown said...

Thanks again for the great HNAS works!

On another topic: I just talked to someone who sold Sperm - Shhh! for $500. Glad I could get mine here!

Anonymous said...

I can't freakin' believe you guys!

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

Anonymous said...

Would it be possible to upload the track 7.Uppsala from the album with the same name? It is very much damaged, unplayable. See comments for that album.
I´ve tried downloading it twice. Same result.

Anonymous said...

Unrelated to this post, but I have the Le Mat LP "Waltz Of The Fool" (on your wants list) on vinyl. Unfortunately I do not currently have the means to play or record it. Sorry. Oh, what a tease.

Not sure what you are expecting from this record. It is certainly not a "synth/experimental/ dark cosmic recording"! I bought it back in the early 80s as the title track was played to death on the rock show of their & mine local radio station, Essex Radio. I can still sing that song even though I probably haven't heard it in 15+ years...

It has a vague progressive rock tone - they played up a little on the minstrel / medieval angle, and had a violin player if I recall correctly. But it also had a bit of echo-ey, Bauhaus-lite air of menace. Whilst being nothing like them. All with an 80s-rock-cheap-local-studio sheen.

Just read that back. It is really not a helpful description! And, given the passage of time, probably not particularly accurate either.

If I ever get my turntable up and running I will attempt a rip and upload. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I believe this live 1986 HNAS CD is actually from a different time, much like how they purposely screwed with people with the Damenbart '71 album. I think this is a much newer recording than the date implies.