Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Smegma - Pigs for lepers , LP , USA, 1982 (LAFMS band/NWW list!)


"Pigs For Lepers" was Smegma's second long player, originally the seventh release on their own Pigface Records imprint back in 1982.The actual "Pigs For Lepers" recordings span 1962 right up to 1982.This is an excellent introduction to the world of Smegma - a band whose influence has slowly seeped everywhere over the past few decades - ask Nurse With Wound, Wolf Eyes, Merzbow or any of the New Weird America crowd whom would give anything to be as 'weird' as Smegma!

6 comments:

musicgnome said...

Great stuff. I really like what you said in regards to the "New Weird America" scene, btw. Spot on!

Anonymous said...

I bought this LP back in the day. One of the few pieces of vinyl I'll keep. It'll be great to put this on the iPod!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this great post! Requests are the first SMEGMA album and the legendary 2xlp THREE MINUTE SYMPHONY might be a great candidate too! My compliments with your excellent blog and keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I've got a Smegma Tape.. but I've never seen anyother releases by them... very cool thanks

Har-Har said...

Yes! Excellent lp by an awesomely underappreciated group. I just purchased their recent collaboration with Jazkamer the other day, can't wait to hear it! I'll just have to enjoy this gem in the meantime.

SonceGrib said...

Great Band!!! Industrial experimental destructive ritual zen freed0m power of noise