Monday, June 11, 2007

PASCAL COMELADE-DETAIL MONOCHROME, LP, 1984, FRANCE




Following Jim's post of his exceptional "Paralelo" LP and my posts of his Oblique Sessions collaboration CD's, here's another of Comelade's amazing releases, this one mobilizing his usual array of toy instruments, wheezy keys and small percussive objects in a virtual object lesson on how to milk unexpected emotion from that which superficially appears to be ephemeral and slight. Absolutely exquisite work.

***************NEW LINK POSTED OCTOBER 2012***************

Get it here  

8 comments:

riccardo said...

Hello great site, truly!
Can you add my blog http://deanmartinez.blogspot.com/ to MUTANT SOUNDS?
Ciao riccardo
oncutting@gmail.com

armeur H said...

This one was my first Comelade. A very good one, indeed ! I have a request : have you some Rowentha/Khan stuff ?

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to download from Mutant Sounds for several hours (as I have successfully done so many many times before) but all I get is the MassMirror page with this message:
"This file is synchronized with the free hosting sites listed below. Re-Upload disabled for now (will return soon)."
Am I missing something?

vdoandsound said...

anonymous-massmirror has been rejiggering their interface repeatedly and it's made it where not everything will pop up on every browser. Most frustrating, but I'm beyond knowing what else to do at this point. Using a different browser would most likely do the trick. Thats about the best I can offer at this point.

Also...for those reading this that are pressing for the use of Mediafire, thats been tried here already. I had 5 uploads removed from their site in as many days. Mediafire blows.

Anonymous said...

I am anonymous complaint, thanks vdoandsound, the Massmirror links are now working.

Mike said...

This is fantastic music! unexpected and beautiful. thanks.

(for what it's worth, massmirror worked great for me)

Anonymous said...

Lovely stuff indeed ... does anybody know what the Borges quote on the back cover says?

L'Homme Scalp said...

That was my first Comelade album, too. Great memories!