Thursday, June 21, 2007

THE COLLECTIVE STAR-MUSIC OF THE MANTRIC WAVE VOL. II, LP, 1974, USA




Wonderfully wigged out and enjoyably ridiculous religio-cosmic curio, with vaguely Yod-like (though not that off-key)
mystical spieling counterpointed by deliciously blasted ethno-tripped acid rock. I hear passing flashes of Don Robertson and something of that distinctly American proto-prog style that runs through Probe 10, Macluhan, David Stoughton and Tim Buckley's Starsailor, but those are only transitory touchstones, as this thing really stakes out an idiosyncratic little musical island all it's own.

***************NEW LINK POSTED OCTOBER 2012***************

Get it here  

7 comments:

rhizome said...

hi, just to tell you I found your work here amazing... so after a few grails downloaded, i decided to open my own blog, just to spread the work... i'd be grateful if you check http://silentnoisecontrol.blogspot.com and even more so if you link me...
anyway, cheers...

Quazi said...

Yo VDOANDSOUND: MassMirror just released a new tool. Check it out http://massmirror.com/get_mmup.php

Unknown said...

Cool, I always dug this one, it helps if you have a sense of humor about it though...I'm guessing that the "Tulsi" who sings and plays tamboura here is the same Tulsi from Alice Coltrane's band?

Jeremy

Anonymous said...

sounds awesome!

pesya from san francisco!

Anonymous said...

This is great, thank you.

May I submit a humble request for any Christian psych...

Anonymous said...

Cool music. May I too submit a humble request for Pat Kilroy's Light of Day?

Anthony - Motojournalism said...

"Wearing my long wing feathers, wearing my long wing feathers..."

There's actually some great cuts here,
If only there was an instrumental version of the album!