Wednesday, June 13, 2007

GLENN PHILLIPS-LOST AT SEA, LP, 1975, USA




The first solo album by the astounding guitarist from Atlanta's notorious Zappa/Beefheart prog merchants The Hampton Grease Band (posted by Jim here some months back), Lost At Sea finds Phillips proffering a most potent formula, with movements of the most dewily delicate proggy pastoralism suddenly beset by raging, squealing, spiralling fusillades of insanely gorgeous, moving guitar that glance off of Phil Manazanera's playing at it's most biting. Absolutely deadly!

***************NEW LINK POSTED SEPTEMBER 2012***************

Get it here  

6 comments:

Tom said...

And a super-nice bloke to boot...

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much, I'm a big Hampton fan and have been looking without success for some Glenn Phillips albums for some time now!

Anonymous said...

I hope to see the other Glenn Phillips here soon. Thanks!

--D.Moose

Anonymous said...

being a Hampton Grease fan, I naturally arrived @ Glenn Phillips' solo work.
SST did an album of his and I used to have a CD on Rough Trade(?)which compiled 'Lost at Sea' and some other stuff. I'm glad I found this here. I am a big fan of this blog, thanks for taking the time...Joe C

Roetoes said...

In-mazyng.

Anonymous said...

thanx from urkenny