Monday, April 28, 2008

ESCALATING MASSMIRROR ISSUES FORCE A (TEMPORARY?) SWITCH TO XIRROR

Sorry to all those that attempted to download any of my new posts in the first 3-4 hours that they were up, as all the Massmirror links that I'd upped yesterday (and which functioned just fine then) were suddenly found to be dead upon attempting to use them today. Need I say that I'm completely disgusted? I just finished re-upping all these links to Xirror, which may wind up being a permanent replacement for Massmirror if this crap keeps up. Quite the bummer, as Xirror doesn't provide any counter for the number of downloads like Massmirror does [sigh]...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's too bad Sharebee does not work well (i.e., for uploading) for Mac users. The only other option I can think of is www.shareonall.com. Maybe that's better than Xirror? Not sure.

fuzztunnel said...

try shareonall as well...?

Unknown said...

FWIW if you decide to switch from Massmirror, I'd recommend www.shareonall.com as opposed to Xirror... ShareOnAll has DL counters, as well as a login/link management system... and it lets you use up to 5 hosts (as opposed to Xirrors 4). just a suggestion - I've started using it and haven't run into any problems thus far.

Anonymous said...

yeah, MM goes through periods of wild instability/unreliability, all the promises when the service first started have turned hollow.
Good luck using xirror

E-mile said...

MS, you could try http://ifile.it/
after uploading you can right mouse click the rar or zip file for properties.. not as fast as RS bur ad-free, not waiting time etc.
I use it for some time now, no complaints so far...
Maybe an idea for you too?
visit me sometime,
peace, E-mile
http://e-milesaysongsdothematter.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

It's ok I love you anyways.

Anonymous said...

Try shurrit.com it's pretty radical for file hosting