Sunday, April 20, 2008

IMAN CALIFATO INDEPENDIENTE-CAMINO DEL AGUILA, LP, 1980, SPAIN



Exquisite, blazingly intense and fluidly soaring Spanish prog monster, which meshes the acidy ethno fusion of Gulaberto and the blistering flamenco-inflected symphonisms of Mezquita with the sorta buoyant and breezy fusionoid moves I associate with Germany's Release Music Orchestra or France's Nadavati. One of Spain's finest prog units, to be sure.


NOTE: THERE WAS A SMALL ERROR WITH THIS POST, AS THE TRACKS CONTAINED WITHIN THE DOWNLOAD ARE LISTED AS #5-8. THIS WAS DUE TO THIS ALBUM BEING STORED ON A CDR ALONG WITH THEIR FIRST ALBUM, "CAMINO DEL AGUILA" THUS EQUALING TRACKS 5-8. ALL TRACKS ARE THERE. SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION.

Get it Here

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long before somone says tracks 1-4 are missing?

vdoandsound said...

anonymous-Actually, all the tracks are there. I seem to have made the same mistake I've made elsewhere recently in allowing mis-titlings to squeak through unnoticed, as this album was borrowed from a friend as a CDr containing this and their first album on it. First album = tracks 1-4, Camino Del Aguila = track 5-8.

Gianni aka Cesare Barbetta said...

I like it, thanks!

Anonymous said...

This is pretty great! I'm definitely going to have to track down their other album now.

Mystery Poster said...

I only unzipped to find tracks 5, 6, 7, 8.. schlameele-schlamozzle. (Then I realized I had already upgraded to cdr before, lol!)

It's also still selling as a 2-fer from a couple regular prog retailers.. Wayside, Synphonic, then I stopped checking... not Doug Larson or ZNR... probably OOP, though, I guess.

Both are available for d/l here also:
Since October

Unknown said...

thanks, i LOVE this blog