This compendium provides an intriguing window into one particular subset (a rather American intensive one) of the underground cassette network of the 80's/90's, with a particularly wide ranging remit that takes in everything from John Wiggens' electroacoustic experiments to Daniel Johnston's damaged folk to Yximalloo's cartoonish Resedential-isms to Sue Ann Harkey's very Woo-like work with the Kitchen Table Ennsemble, to Costes' foaming at the mouth dada antagonisms.
1. Heather Perkins-What You Think Will HAppen, Will
2. Ric E. Braden-Columbus Ave. 10PM
3. Jim Steele-Splatter Experience Of The Green Gods
4. Daniel Johnston-Grievances
5. John Wiggens-Timbre=Melody
7. Qubais Ghazala-The Delphian Oracle
8. Frederick Lonberg-Holm-The Second Minuet
9. Costes-Oh Fortuna
10. Kitchen Table Ensemble-Exploded Views
11. Solomonoff & Von Hoffmanstahl-Banzai Noir
12. Vosch-Tunnel At Dawn
13. Philip Perkins-Remoting (excerpt from Berkeley Remote)
15. Triptic Of A Pastel Fern-Shiny Things
16. Gregory Whitehead-It Makes Me Blush...
17. Mystery Laboratory-Excerpt From V.T.
18. Bat Lenny-Delphi
20. Hope Organ-Sneaky
21. tENTATIVELY, a cONVENIENCE-Drying Clothes Made Entirely Of Zippers (Partial Cycle)
NOTE: I've replaced the original links for this post with alternate ones, as I left in a forward slash on the jpeg titles in the original post that seems to have been fouling up some windows users.
Get pt 1 Here
Get pt 2 Here