Sunday, August 26, 2007

MAMMA NON PIANGERE-N.1 (MUSICA BESTIAME E BENESSERE), LP, 1979, ITALY




Fabulously screwy and totally forgotten, this arcane mob of Italian avant proggers stitches together the most unlikely of things. Circus music, R.I.O.-ish angularities, Archimedes Badkar-ish folk-into-drone-psych, dixieland, Italian folk, found sound and location recordings...these cats somehow corral all that and more together and make it sound like the most obvious and effortless combination in the world. Not to be missed.

***************NEW LINK POSTED SEPTEMBER 2012***************

Get it here

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just to let you know that I love your blog and I've started a new one.
It'll be kind of yours if you could add me to your link list (as I did).

http://moonmusick.blogspot.com/

Peace,
Margot F.

Anonymous said...

Mamm Non Piangere is a real find for me. I'd never heard of them, but seeing they were on Stormy Six's L'Orchestra label prompted me to check them out. There's a very definite Stormy Six vibe to one element of their sound, though more stripped down. Thanks.