Sunday, June 21, 2009

LYDIA LUNCH/MARC ALMOND/NICK CAVE/CLINT RUIN-IMMACULATE CONSUMPTIVE (UNRELEASED LIVE AUDIENCE RECORDING), 1983, VARIOUS




A lost archival beacon of cultivated sleaze for your jaundiced predilection from four period paragons of post punk trashiness courtesy of blog friend Tony Pradlik, who gifted me ages ago with these audience recordings. This mythical line-up here convened themselves for a mere three dates and assembled themselves into various caterwauling groupings. Make no mistake...these are pretty rough sounding recordings. They're also, if you're not precious about your sonics, an indispensable document of period scum rock decadence in it's full poisonous bloom.

NOTE: JUST HEARD FROM JIM THAT JIM THIRLWELL (ne CLINT RUIN) HAS CONTACTED HIM AND REQUESTED THAT WE REMOVE THESE LINKS. APOLOGIES TO MESSR. THIRLWELL, AS EVIDENTLY JIM WAS CONTACTED A WHILE BACK ABOUT REMOVING THIS, BUT BEING IN THE MIDDLE OF A MOVE AND WITHOUT AN INTERNET CONNECTION, HE ONLY NOW WAS ABLE TO CONVEY THIS INFO ABOUT MY POST TO ME.

12 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow - have longed to own this since 1983. Thank you

meltedrubbersoul said...

I never even knew that these guys ever collaborated. Thank you so much!

Obscure Reference said...

Thanks! Been looking for this for a while!

Anonymous said...

I too have been looking for this for many years, wow, what can I say, where the hell did if come from and how young is meltedrubbersoul for not knowing that these artists collaborated. It was the 80's man, none of this crap you get these days.

Herbal T said...

Amazing - I never knew any recording of these shows existed! Thank you so very much. A 25 year wait but what the hell.

Anonymous said...

I was at one of the shows of lydia around 82 oder 83 in we(s)t germany and nick the stripper was also hanging round.

so I was very glad to find this posting with the sonudtrack of those glorious times.

unfortunately I can't unpack the zip-file because I can't find the password.

Maybe I'm to blind to find it - but can you tell me the pw.

very much appreciated in advance

signed: the joker

Anonymous said...

Everything is fine .... record is amazing ..... blah blah blah .... but how can I try it? Where's the link my friend?

vdoandsound said...

anonymous-did you miss the bit at the bottom where I said that Jim Thirlwell contacted us and said to remove the links?

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the request to have the material removed may bode for a "true" re-release of some sort in the future? I always wonder if that may be going on when stuff that is otherwise not making any money for anyone (other than second-hand marketers) is removed.

Scott Saad said...

I'd really love to get this.

Bodhi Amol said...

Hello,if you are looking for a recording of these 4 Musketeers (notexactely the same ,maybe another of these shows?),just go here:http://proskynesis.blogspot.com/2009/03/immaculate-consumptive-30101983-new.html
Enjoy!