Monday, July 23, 2007

MARBLE SHEEP & THE RUN DOWN SUN'S CHILDREN-S/T, LP, 1989, JAPAN




The first Marble Sheep missive to gain release is actually chronologically their third set of recordings, the prior two album's of theirs that I've posted (Old From New Heads and Whirl Live) both being archival collections culling live material from a few years prior to the work at hand. Taken from a 100 copy LP reissue of their debut CD (presumably bootleg), the sound here is poised precisely midway between the monolithic and coruscating jams of those earlier sessions and the more loose, open and Grateful Dead-sy approach they'd questionably gravitate towards after this. At this juncture though, the atmosphere is still sufficiently thick with psychoactive juices and acid rock thunder to render such dodgy propensities dismissible, even the languid bits here having a luxuriant acid lacquer to them thats not a million miles away from what Sun Dial were getting at on the less furious portions of their deadly debut LP "Other Way Out".

***************NEW LINK POSTED OCTOBER 2012***************

Get it here  

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Request : Mannaminne by Hasse Bruniusson. I KNOW you can do this!
Lucy

ajf said...

Beautiful, thanks very much.

Esther said...

the Zip file seems to be corrupted??

Anonymous said...

Marble Sheep zip file seems to be corrupted. Even 7zip can't extract the files. Shoot. Any ideas? I've been here since January and never had a problem 7zip couldn't solve until now.

Thanks...

vdoandsound said...

essie and anonymous-I just tested this out and it worked fine for me, but then I'm on a mac. Strange to hear that even 7zip wasn't helping as that usually seems to be a fix-all. I haven't the foggiest idea why you're both encountering this, as there are no illegal file extensions or symbols used that might muck things up. Anyone else having this issue?

Anonymous said...

WinRAR 6.62 reports "Unexpected end of archive"

WinZip 8.1 reports "missing 39534592 bytes in Zip file"

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post back, Eric. I appreciate you asking others if they're having trouble. I am running Windows XP with 7zip and still nothing. I downloaded the file twice even. Really a bummer because your other two Marble Sheep posts were EXCELLENT!

Maybe I can find a zip utility that can fix a corrupt archive. I'll keep looking.

Thanks again for such great posts!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very strange. I'm on a Mac w/ OSX and I can't open it either.

vdoandsound said...

Alrightee...it's been re-zipped and re-upped. Fingers crossed...

Anonymous said...

Eric, Thank you SO much! The new Marble Sheep file is 92MB, while the old one was only 55MB. So this should definitely do the trick. You rule!

telabs said...

Hell, Yeah.

I've got number 73 of this version, and it's a damn fine album.

But since I'm lazy and it's on vinyl I never got to hear it.

You've done me a great service, sir.

Anonymous said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I haven't heard those guys before; The name itself rang a bell though.But I was blown all over the place while listening to this one. I want more!!! Gimme M-O-R-E of that stuff.

P.S. Thanks again for the whole blog. It's my place for sound discoveries.