Sunday, April 1, 2007

MECHTHILD VON LEUSCH-OU WIRNITH, LP, 1990, GERMANY




The deliberate Residents-like obscurantism that has shrouded Mechthild Von Leusch and it's sister project Werkbund since their inception has not managed to conceal the participants identities with any real degree of effectiveness, as it's fairly well understood (despite admonitions to the contrary) that both M.V.L. and Werkbund feature the collaboration of Asmus Tietchens and Ulli Rehberg (label head of Walter Ullbrich Shallfolien). As for the content, well...for my money, M.V.L. were responsible for some of the most psychologically deleterious hallucinogen fodder ever fabricated. Fathoms deep churning cycles of metallic resonance hazed rhythms (and metallic resonance hazed melodies) wreak havoc on your equilibrium as the the floor finds manifold new ways in which to fall away from you. If, as Clive Barker once stated, Coil's music makes his bowels churn, than here's psychoacoustics to make the entire room churn along with your physiology.

***************NEW LINK POSTED SEPTEMBER 2012***************

Get it here  

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, please post part two as soon as possible.

Anonymous said...

This and the Werkbund discs are mandatory listening!

Even though I have them all, thanks again for the great music!

Anonymous said...

Part two of the THIS HEAT post never was completed either, I don't think. And that was 2/3 weeks ago, I believe. I think only part one was posted.

vdoandsound said...

Anonymous 1-M.V.L.-Aith Ochnal will follow in about a week. Currently, it's loaned out to a friend.

Anonymous 2-There was no specific part two to the This Heat post. I originally stated that I'd put up the Tago Mago label split tape w/Albert Marcoeur, but someone immediately took care of it before me and posted the link in the comments for the This Heat CD. If you need it, the link is:
http://rapidshare.com/files/22259663/Tago_Mago.zip.html

Anonymous said...

Eric, many thanks for the link. I'm anonymous 2.

Anonymous said...

Eric,

Please accept my apologies regarding This Heat. I see that when I downloaded the original RAR file, it contained all the songs, per the rear tray card. I made a mistake. Your This Heat post is TOTALLY complete. And I thank you for your hard work. And Jim's hard work as well. I apologize for my error.

musicgnome said...

This Mechthild Release is awesome.

And, I just noted that there were 39 less postings in April than March. Man, you guys are SUCH slackers. Get on the ball, already. GEEEEZ!!!!

;)

All kidding aside, I CANNOT keep up. I just can't. Too much to digest. And, many of these items DEMAND repeated listens. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, this is gorgouse! Time to switch on some Werkbund!

James said...

Excellent post! MVL & Werkbund are too often overlooked.

Anonymous said...

This is really great please post part 2 soon!

Anonymous said...

You omitted the wonderful spoof biography of Mechthild von Leusch and her "Rungholter Tanze" (Runghold Dances):

Apparenly, von Leusch was a student of Oskar Sala. She discovered music scores from the submerged city of Rungholt (which actually existed) and decided to reconstruct this "lost" music through electronic means. This became her life's work and the two albums were published posthumously.

There's also a great werkbund album called "Rungholt" which deals with this theme.

It's great that you post this so people can get an idea what this music sounds like, but ultimately this kind of concept doesn't lend itself well to the digital format.

Anonymous said...

Great music, I didn't listen to it for years. Nice to re-find it here.

Anonymous said...

Hi! First of all, thanks for both MvL albums (LPs)! By the way, is there any possibility to download them in lossless format?

These albums are very rare and unique - and to listen them in best quality would be great..