Tuesday, May 29, 2007

NO-Y-Z-SHEER ELECTRONIC DIN, LP, 1983, USA




Sanity threatening higer-key dementia from one of America's greatest undiscovered pack of mindfuckers, No-Y-Z's
relentlessly innovative and ever shifting melange takes in ironically detourned tape collage, esoteric post punk instrumentals and gibbering gnome voice sickness, their diseased distillation sounding like some unprecedented hybrid of Bomis Prendin, Ivor Axeglovitch, Negativland and Le Forte Four.

***************NEW LINK POSTED OCTOBER 2012***************

Get it here

5 comments:

Mr Fab said...

Oh my GAWD, haven't heard this one since the '80s - been looking for it for a couple years, thanks muchly.

BTW, this was a 45 Grave side-project, as I recall.

Anonymous said...

It's Bruce Duff, longtime L.A. journo and one time bassist for 45 Grave. I'm amazed at how well this has aged, but that has to be the ugliest picture disc ever !

Hi Eric !

vdoandsound said...

Hey there Brad!

What a pleasant surprise to see your comment here!
Thanks for the heads up on No-Y-Z. Thats the first bit of meaningful info I've heard about this mega-obscurity. Anyway, I'd love to have the chance to say hello...it's been too long. I can be reached by clicking on my ID under contributors...Hope you've been well....

Anonymous said...

The banner on the plane said, and I quote from flying text, "Please help me, I am lost at sea... I would (heart) some water."

Anonymous said...

No-Y-Z videos are now on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcb7FZX0Sjs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xhfpXoRqfc

Enjoy!