Friday, September 28, 2007

ROTER STERN-L'AFRIQUE-REVISITED...AFARS & ISSAS ET LES PAYS AU-DELA, 12" EP, 2003 (RECORDED: 1980-2003), GERMANY



As requested, here's an extraordinary and atypical Neue Deutsche Welle treasure culling material from a span of 23 years, though I expect much of it's period material spit polished at a later date. Roter Stern (otherwise known as Roter Stern Belgrad) were perhaps best known for their contributions to the 3-band 3x12" boxset compendium "Massa", which I'll get around to posting soon-ish. On "L'Afrique...", they concoct highly musical constructs that fuse rubbery mutant funk to Hassell-ish fourth-world-isms and crisp drum machines to warping synth textures in an idiosyncratic formulation thats uniquely theirs alone.

Get it Here

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, you just keep pleasing me you mutants you!
Thanks a million
Johan NL

Anonymous said...

I like that!
Thank you!
Do you also have DER DRITTE SCHRITT / DER PILZ: "Split" LP from WSDP?
I have tryed to get it, but it is sold out of course.

Regards
from Sweden

vdoandsound said...

Anonymous-Actually, I was the one that suggested to Franck at WSDP that this was something he should investigate and consider reissuing! I'll get this posted shortly...

Anonymous said...

I just found this and was immediately drawn in. This is an amazing album. Is there anything out there that compares?

Tom G said...

Hi, did the DER DRITTE SCHRITT / DER PILZ: "Split" LP ever get posted? I've been trying to track it down for a while, but no joy.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

RE-UP ASAP