Thursday, September 20, 2007

HYBRYDS-MUSIC FOR RITUALS, CD, 1992, BELGIUM







I'm not one to ordinarily fixate on the ritualistic trajectory of post-industrial praxis, but this Belgian crew pull off this often all too pat genre with real aplomb. All the expected ritualistic and ceremonial signifiers are at play here, as is the anticipated abundance of reverb that swaddles and swallows much of the proceedings and yet, despite all of that, the end result is a rich and evocative brew that manages to skirt across this potentially cliched territory without falling prey to obviousness; the best bits here possessing something of the humidly overgrown atmospherics of Randy Greif's work.

LINK REMOVED AT THE REQUEST OF THE ARTIST

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very good record! thank you.

Anonymous said...

Nice!

I've heard only a couple of tracks from Hybryds, so this was more than welcomed. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

hahaha oh my god the last time i heard this shit i was like 14 years old (im 25 now) and completely out of my mind on lsd/dxm all the time this really brings back some memories

d said...

Thanks!

hybryds said...

Music should be free?
As artist of these recordings I think it is not nice to put my music for free on the net. You could at least ask my permission.
Hybryds