Wednesday, March 21, 2007

THIS HEAT-S.P.Q.R.-THE LAST LIVE 1982, CD, 1997, UK




I'll just begin here by stating that This Heat are the very sound of my personal vision of hell and have soundtracked the darkest moments of my existence. As such, they're without question one of the greatest bands of all time but one I would be loath to try to tidily summarize in a capsule review. Suffice it to say that this bootleg CD is a vital piece of the This Heat puzzle and one whose continual unavailability is most strange considering the wealth of other archival This Heat material thats been coming down the pike for the last several years. This would be worth it's weight in gold if only for the inclusion of two otherwise unavailable cuts here, though as with all their work, it's actual "weight" seems more comprised of sulfur and napalm.

Get part one Here

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog continues to amaze!!! (NP: Rascal Reporters). Thanks for the This Heat. I'm wondering if you have This Heat /Albert Marcoeur, "Tago Mago." I've been looking for that one forever. Regardless, thanks for sharing.

thunderperfectmind said...

I am a huge T.H. fan...thank you for this!

Ryan Shepard said...

Fantastic - wish the sound quality was better, though ... any cleaner
live recordings of them out there?

vdoandsound said...

Anonymous-I'll be posting the This Heat/Marcoeur not too long in the future. Stay tuned...

Ryan-The obvious recommendation here is their Live In Krefeld album. Originally a tape release, it was reissued a few years back on vinyl....

Anonymous said...

Awesome, thanks man.

I've been looking for this for ages!

Anonymous said...

Thank You for this blog VERY VERY much. Every day so many delightful things here. I always feel like a small kid in a chocolatestore!
As I happen to have the This Heat Tago Mago I just upped it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/22259663/Tago_Mago.zip.html

Ryan Shepard said...

I'll start looking for the Krefeld LP - thanks!
I have mixed feelings about some of the studio stuff, but this really does show how powerful and innovative they were.

Anonymous said...

This Heat! Thanx a lot! Kooool and hot music.

Anonymous said...

I'm a recent This Heat convert and I haven't been able to find much... appears the first LP is the only thing currently in print and GEMM, etc. list "Deceit" at over $300 USD!! Insanity.

So thank you very much for this and any more that you put up. This Heat is one of the greatest bands ever.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for this, only had it as a crappy cassette dub until now. Mesmerising, powerful stuff - & great sound quality too (oh, to have been in that audience!). Cheers, etc. x