Wednesday, August 22, 2007

HARTE 10-S/T, LP, 1983, GERMANY




Featuring NWW list artist Frank Kollges on drums and vocals, this seriously fucked and wildly all-over-the-place band's music (housed in a rather priceless cover) capers around the fringes of so many disparate genres and modalities, it's hard to know where to start cataloging this madness. Starting off with art rock mischief somewhere between Aqsak Maboul and late Etron Fou Leloublan, this ultimately takes in everything from grotesque schlager, chanting, Wurlitzer rhythm presets and mutant funk to the sort of delicate airy whimsy I usually associate solely with Japan in the 80's.

Get it Here

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you, i'd managed to hear a couple of tracks from this LP

Horvat said...

Amazing album!

R3000 said...

Thank you - never managed to buy it... greetings,
R3000

Anonymous said...

What a fun album, thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

I saw Harte 10 live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I can't remember exactly when, but judging by the company that was with me at this occation, it must have been 1986 or possibly 1987. I had recently discovered the music of Can and when I saw a little article in the paper announcing this german band with tickets costing next to nothing, I thought I'd check it out. I'm glad I did. It was wonderfully odd, alternative music. The place was so empty that after the show half the audience surrounded them and we just started chatting in a very friendly, uninformal way. They mentioned they were going to play also in São Paulo (or that they had already played there, I'm not quite sure). I bought their album Goo Goo Dah Dah (this is still within the vinil years) and funny enough, within months, a brazilian pressing (EMI label) was selling in major stores.

Anonymous said...

Inmazing, thank you!