Monday, August 20, 2007

PHEW-VIEW, LP, 1987, JAPAN



As requested a long while back (sorry for the delay), here's the second Phew LP, following this Japanese avant chanteuse's debut opposite members of Can. Though no Can folks are present here (they'd return in the person of Jaki for her follow-up "Our Likeness" ), this album is every bit as appealingly kooky and curious as her others. Much like her "Himitsu No Knife" CD that I posted a while back, this album navigates a strange and uneasy balance between pop sheen and wayward weirdity with a knowing touch that'll keep you gripped even during the passages where you're scratching your head.
***************NEW LINK POSTED OCTOBER 2012***************

Get it here 

***NOTE: THERE'S A MIRRORED MEDIAFIRE LINK IN THE COMMENT FIELD***

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate this, thanks

Anonymous said...

phew = yammy

cjejons said...

This has its moments, but is ultimately disappointing. I really appreciate the oddball posts though. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

thanks, whatever happened to the 1st Phew-LP? I think that one was more interesting. Unfortunately I never could get hands on that album...

jbruhen said...

Could someone link me to the previously uploaded Phew album?

Chris Moon said...

fabulous!!
Do you have a link to the "Himitsu No Knife" posting?

thanks!

vdoandsound said...

anonymous-ya know...I could have sworn that I'd seen that posted elsewhere in the music blogosphere, but nope...can't find it anywhere now, so I'll post that one w/in a few days...

nicholas and manik-here ya go: http://mutant-sounds.blogspot.com/search?q=himitsu

Anonymous said...

Phew is great but I always preferred Jun Togawa's antics to hers. Anyone have the Tamahimesama LP on upload?

Anonymous said...

I love you>

You make me Phew so chic
like a chromatic vew romantic.

Anonymous said...

She is also in the CD of Anton FIER : DEAMSPEED produced by Bill Laswell

kyonpalm said...

Can someone please upload this album again? I can't find any working links anywhere!