Sunday, April 22, 2007

André Mergenthaler-Musik Für Einen Engel,CD,1996,France

Just found it a few months back and was listening it yesterday and thought:"WOW!what a record!this should be posted immediately!"So here it is:very interesting droney stuff from a cello player who played with Art Zoyd and Univers Zero. Cello loops and drones, minimal electronic beats at very slow tempos, and treated vocals. It's very odd, very dark.Don't miss it!

***************NEW LINK POSTED SEPTEMBER 2012***************

Get it here  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The term "deceptively simple" applies here. Elegant structures of simple chords are emotionally evocative. Not sure about some of the vocals though, but the music itself is great.

Anonymous said...

This is freakin' awesome! I love the use of the Cello and the whole thing has a (to me) minimal synth feel to it. I even love the vocals in "Is It"

Thank you for the share.

Anonymous said...

been looking for this, heard it a while back and couldn't stop thinking about it! fantastic stuff.

Anonymous said...

My God...
Amazing work.
Absolute masterpiece!!!
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Do you have the original CD? I would be very grateful if I could acquire a high-quality rip of this. It's apparently quite rare and I wasn't able to track down the original CD or a good rip. I'd be willing to send a little money your way. Shoot me an email, colourant at gmail.

Anonymous said...

Another who is seeking a higher bitrate copy, please, if you can.

Aristo Compasso said...

Amazing! I downloaded this from MS back in 2010 and it was just sitting here in my disk before I had the time to sort out and duly catalog everything.
This album being only available in MS of all the internet really sets MS apart to a whole different league.
Great work guys, keep it up! A big thanks and greets to the community.

p.s.: of course higher bitrate of this masterpiece would be outstanding.

Anonymous said...

I've discovered this guy yesterday, he played at my graduation and the entire room was stunned. Could you re-up please ?